He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives!
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives!
Because he lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!"
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!"
(Bill Gaither)
This old hymn reminds me of Easter Sundays in my childhood, singing along to words I didn't yet understand. The words seemed simple and almost overly sentimental. Yet now, after many years of life with seasons of difficulty and darkness, I can better understand the gravity of these words. There have been days - too many to count - when I didn't know how to face tomorrow. Some days I don't even know how to face today. But Jesus, in his grace has rescued me over and over, and carried me, sustained me, encouraged me, and strengthened me day after day after day.
The reality of the resurrection of Jesus has profound impact on our day to day lives. Because Jesus is ALIVE, he is present and active at work rescuing, redeeming, restoring, renewing, and ruling and reigning in our midst.
Because Jesus LIVES...
When I am exhausted and weary,
Jesus draws me into his rest and renews my joy.
When I am suffocating in anxiety,
Jesus overcomes with peace.
When I am drowning in depression,
Jesus brings light into my darkness.
When I am overwhelmed by burdens too heavy to bear,
Jesus carries me.
When I feel trapped in cycles of anger and bitterness,
Jesus leads me to repentance, reminds me of his victory, and begins to break those chains.
When I feel lonely,
Jesus overwhelms me with his immeasurable love.
When I am striving to control the chaos inside and out,
Jesus reminds me he is a Good King, and his rule is best.
When I am at my wits' end with my children,
Jesus gives grace upon grace (for me and for them).
When I am incapable in my weakness,
Jesus sustains me by his strength.
Because Jesus lives, I can face today.
I can face tomorrow.
I can walk in peace,
in hope,
in light,
in freedom,
in victory,
in love,
in grace,
in strength.
And when I stumble and fall,
which I do,
I fall into the arms of grace.
I am in awe of the beauty and extravagance of Jesus my Savior, who lavishes me with unmerited love and mercy, who satisfies my deepest desires and provides for my unending needs, who lives victorious in power and rules in righteousness.
Life is worth the living
Just because He lives.
Easter Hunt with the cousins
Isabelle's first real egg hunt. :)
Isabelle started walking around 15 months
Now she is basically off running.
Since it has been awhile since the last post, here are a few pictures from our spring:
Celebrating Auntie Judy's birthday!
2nd place in the District Science Fair!
(1st in the 2nd grade level at her school!)
Our little (& big) sweethearts




















No comments:
Post a Comment