Monday, January 7, 2019

Holiday Happenings


"A picture is worth a thousand words."

That is a good thing, because I have neither the time nor the energy to write about all of our holiday happenings - but it was a full of family and fun, food, music, games, laughter, gifts, parties, cooking, baking, outings, smiles, hugs, candles, lights, goodness and blessings. We celebrated Jesus! We remembered the passing year. We cherish the good memories and are grateful for the growth from the not-so-good memories. We are thankful for  family and friends who love us, care for us and bless us, and a God who is faithful, good and gracious to us. We welcomed the New Year with open arms and great expectations.

Enjoy many thousands-of-words worth in pictures:


















































May this New Year be a year of rest - whole body & soul rest in the goodness and grace of God. Sleep. Surpassing peace. Quiet calm (in the midst of chaos). Release of impossible burdens. Boundaries and limits to guard our sanity. Letting go of unattainable expectations. Learning to cease work when the work is unending. Patience in waiting. Contentment in the present. Gratitude in every moment.

"The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters, 
he restores my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 

Even though I walk through the darkest valley,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
 your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
 Surely your goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." (Psalm 23)



Happy New Year!

love,
The Poppens

No comments:

Post a Comment