Happy Birthday Zoë & Isaiah!!
I am so proud of you for all the ways you have matured this year through facing and overcoming difficulty and fears. My heart swells when I watch you in all of your creative endeavors - drawing, crafting, imagining, experimenting, writing, composing, dancing, tumbling, and making beautiful things on paper, through music and through dance. Thank you for bringing so much joy into our home. Thank you for being gracious and forgiving. As our firstborn, you get the privilege and pain of braving uncharted territory with us - and by the grace of God we will make it through together! I pray that God would captivate your heart more and more this year with overwhelming love and grace for you. I pray that you would fall more and more in love with Jesus and come to know more and more the Abundant Life he has given you. Happy Birthday, dear Zoë! You are a precious gift, and we love you beyond the moon - to the stars and back!
love,
Mommy & Daddy
Isaiah Benjamin
The Big 4! Isaiah, you have grown so much in this past year. Your still-slightly-baby-face from a year ago has changed and now I see a BIG handsome boy with bright blue eyes and a charming smile (though sometimes those eyes and smile turn toward mischievous). Year three was a hard year for us. Both of us had to grow in patience, and both have been stretched to manage our frustration with one another in healthier, more loving ways. But you have also filled my heart with so much joy and laughter, and though sometimes your insatiable neediness is suffocating, the very fact that you want to be with me and play with me at all times speaks of your great love for me. And I love you dearly.
I will cherish the memories of countless hours building train tracks and legos, reading books over and over, riding bikes and digging in the dirt. Thank you for helping me along as I learn (slowly) how to role play with trucks and try to figure out this whole fighting thing and my aversion to you always wanting to be the "bad guy."
love,
Mommy & Daddy
Paw Patrol Paw-ty
We had a Paw Patrol themed party yesterday with {mostly} family. Zoë asked to have a small Shopkins birthday party with some friends from school (which will be next weekend) so Isaiah got to pick the theme for the joint party and invite a few special friends. ;) It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed celebrating Zoë and Isaiah together!
Memorable Moments:
- The Hot Dog Bar was a hit. (My attempt to use the instant pot for a massive amount of hot dogs was not such a hit. Too much water or time produces wavy dogs!)
- Toys for decorations are cute, but not when you are 3 and really, really, really want to play with them.
- During the "Search for the Missing Party Favors", Isaiah went into full Paw Patrol mode. It was perfect. He got on his Chase mask and at one point was running on all fours through the grass. His favorite part of the whole party was "Stick the badge on Chase."
- Cousin Brady sprinting across the green to the baseball field to find the missing treats...and all the other kids chasing after him!
- Isaiah was so focused on opening his caramel from his party favor bag (which he helped fill last week and was obviously very excited about) that he nearly missed the entire Happy Birthday song (which was sung twice, because I started too early) and candle. But then he blew the candle so hard that he blew Zoë's out too. After a moment of shocked silence, Zoë burst into tears. So, we lit the candle again and sang one more time!
- Even though this party was more geared more toward Isaiah, Zoë was so helpful in making the dog bone sandwiches and decorating the paw print cupcakes. She also loved the games and enjoyed reading the clues to solve the mystery.
- The cupcakes were amazing. At first I was really bummed that there were over a dozen left over, but then I realized - I GET TO EAT ALL THE LEFTOVERS! Cupcakes. Every. Day. The shortbread chocolate dipped doggie bone cookies were good too. Too good for a picture.
This was the only picture from the party with Isabelle held by our sweet friend Danielle. Isabelle turned 5 months old this past week! She is cutting two teeth, battling a cough, learning to sit up and testing out her voice with her "feral cat" call as Daddy likes to call it. Who can resist such an adorable face?! Also, it is a good thing her birthday is over half a year a way because this momma is partied out (and we have another party next weekend)!
The Birthday buddies both said that they had a fun time at their party and were blessed with many gifts given out of great love and thoughtfulness from family and friends. We will continue to party on today with a "perfect" birthday breakfast chosen by the duo (Donuts, bacon, hot chocolate. I'm adding eggs and fruit. :p), a quick after-school trip to the zoo, and out to Pizza Snob (a family favorite) for a celebratory dinner. Zoë has already expressed high expectations that her Golden Birthday will be the best. day. ever. I hope it is!


















No comments:
Post a Comment