I walked down the aisle to the arms of my one true love
And said "I do" to the man of my dreams
A gift of grace given to me by God, the "Lord who remembers."*
* Zachary - means "The Lord Remembers"
Though I have found this man of my dreams to be laced with imperfections,
he is nonetheless perfect for me.
We've been through thick and thin together,
on many adventures both thrilling and terrifying
We've grown in love and faith, in trust in our God who provides
and in gratitude of His unending grace
Today, this man is more handsome than ever,
with a heart that has grown more lovely with time
Somehow, he sees me now as more beautiful than that day -
Walking down the aisle in that satin white dress.
I gaze with wonder at you, the first fruit born out of our love
Wearing that same dress
Stunning in beauty
My heart beats with joy and pride and a little bit of fear
As I imagine you wearing your own white dress
And so I pray
May our God bring you a gift of grace, in His own time and in His own way,
A good man
A godly man
A man who will sweep you off your feet and treat you like the Princess you are -
the Daughter of the Most High King
A man who will delight in you and bring you delight
A man who will fill your heart with laughter
A man who will hold you while you weep and wipe your tears
A man who will be brave, with courage to fight for justice
A man who will be strong to stand for truth
A man who will be firm in his faith, and seek after righteousness
A man who will serve in humility and grace
A man who will listen with sincerity
A man who will calm your fears and be your steadfast anchor when your emotions ebb and flow
A man who will point you to Jesus in all the ups and downs, good times and bad
A man who will love you with love that is deeper than the ocean
A man who is imperfect, yet, by God's design, perfect for you - my precious girl.
Just as your father has been (and still is) for me.







No comments:
Post a Comment