Thursday, May 7, 2015

Month 12: Happy, Happy Birthday!

Today, Isaiah turns ONE.
And, Zoë turns FOUR.


One year later, it is still mind-boggling that they share a birthday. This weekend we are throwing a big party to celebrate with family and friends! Two amazing kids. Two precious lives. One special day.



Isaiah,

You have grown up from a wrinkly little baby into a little man. Your charm is charm-ier than ever and your sweetness is almost unbearable. I love your smiles, your giggles, and how you always join in the laughter as if you know exactly what we are laughing about. I love your adventurous spirit and high energy...even though you drive me crazy with your climbing antics, your sneaky ways of getting into all the wrong places and your dangerous stick-everything-in-your-mouth habits. I love how you adore your big sister and are perfectly content to follow after her lead and play by her side.

You are such a delightful gift from God. I pray that as you learn to walk on your own two feet in these next few months, that you would also learn to walk in His ways. And as you learn to talk over this next year, that you would also learn to speak God's truth and listen for His voice. And just as you continue to crawl up into my arms and snuggle in my embrace, may you learn to love the embrace of your Savior and know that you are His Beloved.



Zoë,

What a beautiful, vibrant and tender-hearted girl you are! You are a delight to my heart and bring so much joy to my life. Your creativity is boundless; your cheerful energy is contagious; your empathy is compelling. I love to watch you play, create, direct, build, invent, dance, perform, sing and dream. I love how you always desire to bring others into your world, and I love how you will step out of your world to comfort someone who is hurt or sad. I love how you keep me accountable as a mother and teach me more than I can ever teach you. I love how you reach out to me as a friend and enjoy working together side by side. I love how you treasure your little brother and smother him with affection and attention.

You are an incredible gift from God. I pray that you would always reflect the radiance of your Creator, who has given you this abundant LIFE and filled you to overflowing with creativity to make and create. I pray that you would always walk out your pure childlike faith which gives you boldness in prayer, trust in God's healing, and confidence in His presence all around you. May you always "look for the real Jesus" and follow after His footsteps.


Happy, Happy Birthday to our two precious children. We love you more than words can say!

love,
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment